Curious? We’re hiring sales associates for Paxton Gate and Curiosities for Kids!
Be part of an uncommon experience.
Are you curious about the natural world and your place in it? Do you want to learn something new every day?
Would you enjoy working in a fun atmosphere alongside a variety of interesting teammates and customers?
Can you improve an environment just by being present in it? If so, we are looking for YOU!
Paxton Gate is looking for sales associates to join our team. Our associates are an integral part
of delivering a memorable and inspiring experience to our customers every day. At Paxton Gate,
the job is not to push, but to pull our guests in to the experience of stepping off Valencia
Street and entering another world. Our associates act more like museum docents than salespeople:
we emphasize active engagement and the conveying of knowledge to create a one-of-a-kind encounter
for our curious customers. We look for individuals with creative energy and enthusiasm for all
things curious in nature. If you’re willing to challenge yourself to expand your mind and your
capabilities, to follow your curiosity about the world around you, to work hard and have fun
doing it, and to explore the limits of the beautiful and strange in (what we think is) the
best shop in San Francisco, we encourage you to join us.
- Minimum 1 – 2 years retail experience, or 2+ years customer service experience
- Active engagement with customers
- Prioritization/time-management skills
- Various retail tasks & skills including but not limited to light merchandising, POS system, keeping the store tidy, plant care,
participation in events
- Interest, education, or experience in the following areas is helpful but not required:
- Gardening, General Science, Horticulture, Botany, Taxidermy, Entomology, Geology, Paleontology, Jewelry Design, etc.
- Toys, Games, Children, Early Education, Fun, Fun and Fun!
- Competitive pay with opportunities for raises and advancement
- Incentive-based bonus program based on performance
- Health benefits for full-time employees
We're excited to know more about you and why you would be perfect for Paxton Gate!
APPLY TODAY by sending your resume & cover letter to email@example.com.
In your cover letter, explain how you would create a curiously mind-expanding experience for our customers.
We look forward to hearing from you.